Third Generation Family Business
Geauga Mechanical was founded in 1950 by Ted J. Berman.
Today, we are proud to be in our third generation of ownership and management. Our family values and small-town culture shape the way we treat our customers.
Proudly Serving Northeast Ohio since 1950
Euclid Beach Park
Geauga Mechanical Company was founded as White City Heating & Tinning in the Euclid Beach area. This neighborhood was centered on a wonderful amusement park – Euclid Beach Park. Our founding family and our first employees all lived in that neighborhood, and our office displays some memorabilia from the park.
Geauga Mechanical by Decade
- Founded in 1950 as White City Heating and Tinning by Ted J. Berman
- The company operated as a residential heating, gutter, and roofing contractor
- White City Heating and Tinning entered the residential and commercial air conditioning field.
- The company relocated to a larger facility in Willoughby Hills, OH which included sheet metal fabrication equipment.
- The company was renamed Geauga Mechanical Company in 1977.
- A mechanical piping division was established
- The HVAC service department is started
- The company relocated to a new facility in Chardon, OH in 1999
- Geauga Mechanical started a Building Automation System division
- The company begins to offer design/build and design/assist services
- The Green Building Services is started, and the company performs its first LEED project